Today, the Singing News announced that the Fan Awards will again be held at Dollywood on September 28, the first day of the park’s National Harvest and Gospel Celebration. You can read more about that and a new showcase announced for the National Quartet Convention here.
While looking at Dollywood’s website, I noticed that they had a partial list of artists that will be performing in the park during the month long celebration in addition to the Kingdom Heirs. It appears that this first group of performers will be the daily “headliners” and other groups will be added later to fill in the schedule.
- The Kingsmen – October 2 & 3 (Sunday & Monday)
- Legacy Five – October 4 & 5 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
- The McKameys- October 7 & 8 (Friday & Saturday)
- Karen Peck & New River – October 9 & 10 (Sunday & Monday)
- The Booth Brothers – October 11 & 12 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
- Guy Penrod – October 14-16 (Thursday, Friday, & Saturday)
- Gold City – October 16 & 17 (Sunday & Monday)
- Brian Free & Assurance – October 18 & 19 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
- The Isaacs – October 23 & 24 (Sunday & Monday)
- The Perrys – October 25 & 26 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
- The Florida Boys – TBD
assuming hoping that the Florida Boys will not be a “headlining” group, so I would think that at least three more major groups will be added to fill the schedule for September 29 – 30 & October 1, October 21 & 22, and October 28 & 29 (the park is closed on Thursdays during October).